Culture Heritage Festival 2015
The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Directorate General of Sports and Youth Affairs took an initiative in FY 2014-15 to arrange a festival named Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cultural Heritage Festival 2015 at Gor Khatri in the month of May. The purpose of this festival was to give a recap to the people about their enriched Culture and Heritage in order to convey a message of Peace to the international community that we are a peaceful nation. It is highly important to maintain, preserve and celebrate our rich cultural heritage, because nations and countries which do not pay attention to preserve their cultural heritage, perish and become nobody.
Cultural Heritage Festival 2015 was organized at one of the historical & renowned Archaeological sites of the world, Gor Khatri Peshawar, on Saturday, May 09, 2015 & ended on Sunday, May 10, 2015.
Cultural Heritage Festival 2015 caught the eye of all citizens of Peshawar & people from other districts visited it as well.
- Promoting peace in the region and boosting our Culture through the promotion
- To provide entertainment opportunities to youth and families
- To show the cultural diversity to the new generation
- Using the effective use of media to send the message of peace across the globe
- To celebrate our culture in order to ensure the observers how rich the Culture of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is
- It resulted in the change of perception in people’s mind to a greater extent about peace & tranquility
- Created awareness of the regional arts & crafts
- A positive image of Peshawar was promoted
- Contributed to promoting peace, harmony & culture diversity