National Youth Carnival 2017
National Youth Carnival, previously known as Mega Challenge is the largest student-oriented co- curricular competitive event in the history of Pakistan. Its aim was to provide a platform to the youth across Pakistan where they showcased their talent and boost their confidence. For the first time in the history of Pakistan, competitions were held in 30 different categories, each category had a unique approach to building the capacity of youth. The Directorate of Youth Affairs, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) is a body of KP Government which has its focus on the youth of KP and works for their welfare and promotion. Since its inception, the directorate has been initiating different projects targeted at the development of the youth. The Directorate of Youth Affairs, KP taking its mission forward planned an activity on a major scale in collaboration with Awareness & Prevention (A&P) Wing of National Accountability Bureau (NAB), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
National Youth Carnival 2017 was held at Qayyum Stadium, Peshawar Sports Complex, December 9- 12, 2017.
As a brand, National Youth Carnival has reached a wide audience of youngsters across Pakistan. More than 13000 students participated in National Youth Carnival from across Pakistan i.e Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan & Azad Jammu Kashmir.
- To bring harmony and peace among the diverse groups of youth
- To highlight the positive aspects of youngsters to the world
- To build a permanent platform for youth/youngsters, where they can polish their skills and enhance their capacity
- To highlight the importance of recreational activities along with academic activities
- It promoted cultural diversity among people of Pakistan
- Helped to shape up the future of youth & choose their career line from the competitions they choose to compete in
- A positive image of the youth of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was promoted
- Helped in the capacity building of youth and polished their hidden skills